View Single Post
Old 20th October 2018, 09:50 AM   #39
agartha

Default Re: Latest AC3D X-Plane plugin

I really enjoy the AC3D plugin. However, I have a feature request, and I would even help implement it, but I really don't know where to start.

I am using AC3D to export plane models to paint them in Substance Painter. For most plane models, that works very well. However, some of the plane models have weird default animations for some components, so everything is in the wrong place (see first screenshot).

However, when clicking 'Animation time', the plugin applies the default animations, and everything pops into the right place (see second screenshot).

The feature I would really, really like, is to 'apply' the current animation state to the objects. So I can set the datarefs the way I want them in the animation window, and by pressing a button it would apply those transformations to the actual objects.

Of course, this would break the obj and the animations, but that's not an issue. I just need it to be able to export the 3d model with all the bits in the right place.

Do you think this is a feasible feature request? Like I said, I'll be more than happy to help implement it. I've been looking at the plugin source, and found my way to `xplane_obj_sync`, but that's about as far as I can get...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2018-10-20 at 15.46.57.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	3649  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2018-10-20 at 15.47.08.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	3650  

Last edited by agartha; 20th October 2018 at 09:57 AM.
agartha is offline   Reply With Quote