View Single Post
Old 26th October 2006, 05:54 PM   #12
CGMike

Default Re: Best approach to low-poly house modeling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiglr View Post
Seems to me that bottom ledge is a separate surface, not the same as the floor to the house. You should be able to select it alone and delete it without affecting the floor.

Isn't the floor the much darker grey color under the wall (or is that the viewport background?

In any case, the floor should be its own object, such that any operations done to a wall won't affect the floor one way or the other.

Just cut the floor away as a separate object; select it in Surface Mode and do Cut Away Object.

As to your Boolean question, yes. If you don't set it up to do otherwise, AC3D creates a new object in the exact same place, but if you're doing a boolean cut, you can't see the result for the overlapping original object.
Yeah that is the case, but the problem is I don't want any surface on the ground in that area. It should just be two walls and the ceiling where the door inset is. That's the trouble I'm having with it. can't find an efficient way to do that. :-/

Edit: Okay that's wierd
I just tried it again and this time only the surface I wanted to be removed was. Every other time I've done this I've ended up deleting the entire floor of the house. Very odd. But.. I guess it worked.. heheh.

Well, let's see.. maybe other things that have been giving me trouble will work now, too

Thanks! :-)

Last edited by CGMike; 26th October 2006 at 05:57 PM.
CGMike is offline   Reply With Quote