View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2009, 05:24 AM   #1
SignGuy169

Default A semi-newbie wonders...

I've used an older 3D app for some time, but in a quest having to do with formats/conversions for a game I'm helping with, I bought a few modest priced apps recently incl. AC3D, "to get with the times" as it were, w/more current software. Have been using AC3D a bit more, but there's 1-2 obvious things I must be missing:

1) Have brought models into AC3D, assigned textures there, and it seems to work fine; I need to end up with an Ogre mesh, for this particular game engine. But, next time I open the model, it's back to a default grey texture. What did I do wrong?

2) Ah.. when I recall the 2nd question, I'll post it. LOL! I must be getting old, and forgetful, I guess...
====
First ship I drew - and I had never done a thing like it - can be seen over at

http://forums1.caligari.com/truespac...?t=7849&page=2

if you'd care to have a look at it. But there, after 1-2 mos. of making the ship I found the mesh to be a mess w/"geometry things" I knew nothing about so... I started over and current model seems to come into AC3D fine. Made new ship much smaller, & simpler, trying to be careful about how it was constructed. Live and learn, as they say...

Best, the new kid on the block, & thanks for any help on this.
SignGuy169 (Pat)
SignGuy169 is offline   Reply With Quote