View Single Post
Old 28th November 2007, 07:36 PM   #1
charlesrthompson

Default General Best Practices

Any existing baseline tutorials that may assist in the direct questions I have are welcome.

So far.. made pretty good progress for only a few hours of work.

I've hit a few oddities and am not sure of the best way to go about them and figured it's better to ask than tank the whole thing or learn something the wrong way.

For eyelids I created a slightly larger sphere than the eye and then using a clone of that larger sphere, cut out a section so it would serve as an upper eyelid. Rotating the sphere gives me many expression options.

The Pupils are my problem. I'm not sure of the best way to approach them. Right now they are just discs, but those don't lay flat on the eyeball surface. I was considering maybe punching it out and putting a black sphere inside of the eyeball. Is there a better way? Maybe one that would allow for possible pupil adjustments as well?

I think I've done fairly well on the body. When I merged the upper and lower sections though I got a little crunchy in the seam.

The wireframe shows a few missing points which obviously are causing this.

Was there a better way to create this besides the merge which would have avoided the missing points? What is the general method for filling in the lost data there?
charlesrthompson is offline   Reply With Quote