View Single Post
Old 29th August 2008, 07:55 AM   #17
Antario Denja

Default Re: Having MAJOR issue getting things exported

Hey, first: many, many thanks for help.
I tried to redo what you did, it got better. I noticed these strange knobs too.. also on the bottom and tried to rid of them. Allready yesterday, but to no avail.
You wrote you did this only on the upper side and with "Surface Devide". Why not "Surface Combine"? I tried that one with no good result. So i just wondered.
With "surface devide" i dont get rid of these strange extra verticies. How did you do it then?
And still, my result is not as good as yours, even when i try to optimize the uv-map. I understand, that this is this painstaking work to look at every verticies in a VERY high-zoom whether there might be gray areas left. And if yes, simply move these suspect dots to the nearest side of the 256x256-Area? Seems strange to me, for if i move these dots just whereever near they could go, what sense would make their position anyways?
Next I see, that you didnt optimize the uv-map and still have these stray-beams out to the right. I gathered that optimizing the uv-map would mean to move these onto the upper referred to area?
I am still confused....

could you please upload your backpack.ac file. so that i could look at it?

Last edited by Antario Denja; 29th August 2008 at 08:16 AM.
Antario Denja is offline   Reply With Quote