View Single Post
Old 15th March 2006, 03:50 AM   #5
Dennis
Professional user

Default Re: Xcellent .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAKELOT
1) How do I sellect one vertex and add another one to fill up a hole ( You mention the counterclock wise) ... and then the make order surface, ... Don't know how to select those vertex ??? ... It's funny, the figure is even rigged now but never figure that out !!! ... Antonio. I use convexhall ???
If I understand your question correctly, what you want to do is go into Vertex mode and select any vertices that are on the edges of a "hole" in your geometry. In the below pic, I have this scenario - if you select the vertices around the hole in the order shown, then perform a "Vertex -> Create Ordered Surface", this will fill the hole.

The ordering is important so the surface points the correct way. If you were "behind" the hole, you'd select the vertices in clockwise (reverse) order.

Quote:
2) Is there a way to create different groups in a single object, something like mats by color ???
There is no built-in way to group below the object level.

Depending on your other application, however, you could group surfaces on a single object by color/material if that helps. I've done the same thing when exporting to apps like Lightwave and trueSpace.

Dennis
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote