View Single Post
Old 18th December 2007, 06:11 PM   #3
lisa
Professional user

Default Re: Milkshape 3D Ascii vs. Textures

I have an alternate Milkshape exporter I wrote some time ago... it handles textures, as well as skeletons from AC3D so you don't have to re-rig, either. You may get some redundant materials, as I solved the texture problem by exporting one material per mesh, regardless. For me, this works as my models are generally set up that way anyhow.

You can download it here:
http://www.independentdeveloper.com/...ascii-exporter

FWIW, although I wrote the plug-in I'm not really in love with Milkshape. The tool has some UI issues, and despite being text the file format isn't the easiest to work with, at least if you want to load the animation data... I can see what the author was *trying* to do, but the math seems slightly botched.

I bought Milkshape before I purchased Poser to animate my AC3D models, but Poser ended up being a much better value... the small difference in price was well worth it for things like IK and a proper timeline editor, and BVH files are very easy to import and well-supported by many different tools. Milkshape certainly has it's place, but personally I find I don't use it much anymore.
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote