View Single Post
Old 26th November 2008, 02:18 PM   #12
jarv

Default Re: strange issue with sculpties

Hi Lisa; I meant a geometry / topology which could be spherically unrolled / unwrapped so that it could smoothly fill the uv area (ac3d doesn't have the capability to do that; I've tried a workaround with Modo's uv methods, using for spherical+seam unwrap, but when I imported the .obj file in ac3d, the uv was a mess).
Currently I switched to my good ol' Lightwave, using for a sneaky expedient, which could even be thoughtful for eventual plugins fo ac3d (due currently it seems impossible to implement a method enabling to form sl-ready sculpties sketching as free-hand; thus better to switch to "arrangements"....); I imported in LW the sl sphere as .obj (not meshsmoothed), then put under it a "lattice" model, adjusted the sphere's shape in order to simulate the lattice's shape, then I selected the points I had to shape, and invoked a plugin called pointfit, so I conformed the sphere's points to the overall shape; once meshsmoothed, the sphere seemed likely to the lattice. But..... when I imported in ac3d (and I tried either converted to .obj or as the original lwo source; not a problem of format, then), the new mesh didn't sported any uv coords (and that's strange, 'cause the sphere exported from ac3d got its original uv map). I saw only the typical point encircled by the green square in the lower left corner.

The games.... never published, obviously; just indie stuff, never finished projects. As usual.
jarv is offline   Reply With Quote