View Single Post
Old 5th December 2008, 12:47 PM   #10
LightWizard

Default Re: Need help creating Second Life Sculpties

Kireyo, thanks, that was the info I needed, making the texture map completely cover the area. I had gotten close with a spherical coord mapped texture I created after I had over-written the default spherical mapping, but it had triangles at the top and bottom with small gaps, which of course led to distortion in the sculpty shape.

Is it possible to restore the default spherical texture map to my version of the pool? I'd like to do so if possible.

Given this, I also got my goblet to map. For this, I wanted a well defined interior so I dupped the cup top, resized it a bit to make it a tad smaller, and created it as a separate object to line the inside (as the inside has a rasied bottom from the cup itself). Looks great!

Last question, something I need to test: If I make the pool physical in SL, can I get inside? I had an issue much earlier with a spherical map where it appeard concave, but I was not able to get inside...seemed I continued to stand on top of it.

So, thanks again. Once again, 2 remaining questions:

1) Can I restore the default spherical map to my version of the pool, and if so, how?

2) Are the concave surfaces in SL sculpties actual concave surfaces or do they only appear to be so (ie Can i get inside a big one)?

Thanks...LW
LightWizard is offline   Reply With Quote