View Single Post
Old 28th May 2004, 03:53 AM   #1
bsupnik

Default Memory Management and plugins

Hi Y'all,

First of all, Andy, great job witih the plugin system. It took less than two hours to write a basic exporter from AC3D to the X-Plane object format, and the vast majority of that was because I was stupidly and stubbornly trying to compile a Windows DLL plugin on my Mac with CodeWarrior (it does work, but the linker settings are non-obvious). I've been able to implement a number of features in the plugin very easily...very nice.

First question: is there a good cross-platform way to bring up a "select a file" type dialog box? I'm currently using the common file dialogs on Windows, but this code will have to be reimplemented on Unix/Linux. Is there a standard way to do this with Tcl or the plugin API?

Second question: when should I and when should I not free a linked list that I get back from the plugin APIs? Right now I never free them, which never crashes, but is probably bad house keeping.

*Cheers*
Ben

PS, my plugin reads and writes the x-plane object format and also provides some additional editing operations.
http://www.x-plane.com/
bsupnik is offline   Reply With Quote