View Single Post
Old 17th February 2011, 12:40 PM   #14
BumblebeeMan

Default Re: Scaling objects and object group

[QUOTE=BumblebeeMan;27159]ok, clearly I am missing something.

Aha, a partial eureka moment!
I have several things fixed/resolved. For anyone still beating their face against the keyboard, here is the solution I found:

In planemaker, under the 'Special' dropdown, click on 'Generate OBJ from Aircraft'. Don't do this until you have it flying and working the way you need)
You will have a file named "aircraft.obj" in the main Xplane directory. Rename it for your specific aircraft and import it into AC3D.
You will now be able to use the many easy and powerful tools in AC3D.

Save your work, then export it as an OBJ. into the directory where your aircraft is stored.

This is where i am still headscratching. In planemaker, i go to the 'standard' dropdown and select 'Misc Objects'.
Click on a box to the left of an empty bar (immediately to the left of the 'Clear' button) and from there, you can select the object file.

If all is looking good (you will likely see to aircraft overlapping) then go to the 'Expert' dropdown, click 'Invisible parts' and make the original aircraft parts invisible.

in all fairness, i am still struggling with texturemapping AC3D models and I know there is a lot more that i have yet to figure out here to make things look and work correctly.

If anyone has input on any steps omitted , please speak up
BumblebeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote