View Single Post
Old 12th August 2005, 10:09 AM   #5
whirlwind

It isn't absolutely perfect but it sure beats the old way - by hand. It doesn't take long to correct any problems that occur with the plugin comparatively speaking.

Just in case it hasn't been posted, here is a list of artifacts that occur with CGS:

- When subtracting an object intersecting, wider, and taller than the object you are subtracting from faces sometimes are included in the resulting object from the subtracted object. However, when the object is just taller or wider than the subtracting object, CGS works just fine.

- Occasionally vertexs are put into the "wrong" order thus resulting in a dark face. Not a major issue as it is an easy fix.

These problems aren't a major issue for me and don't take long to correct. I think all in all the plugin is a refreshing and much needed tool for AC3D.

My only main grip is the default controls of the 3D view window just became a pain to use. I miss the left mouse button drag to rotate the camera in the 3D view window. I know the current method is more consistent with the other windows, but I'd rather have the old style AC3D 3D view with a toggleable select mode as opposed to the current toggleable rotate. I do more rotates than selects. Perhaps just using the alt key to select in 3D view would be a much better way to go.
whirlwind is offline   Reply With Quote