Thread: PLUGIN: Fur
View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2005, 11:53 AM   #6
Dennis
Professional user

Thanks luuckyy --- I suppose I could use "Influence" instead of "Gravity"? Might not be as intuitive of a word, though. I didn't care much for "Wind", but perhaps that's an option as well.

Or, the easiest solution, I could reverse the meaning of the numbers. I'll get one of these solutions soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luuckyy
when you manually change (with the keyboard) the number for "stands per unit" and then hit "enter" (with "real time" checkbox checked), nothing happens. You have to click on the up/down little arrow near the field to really make the change in real time.
Correct, this problem exists in all fields.

Perhaps Andy of someone more TCL-savvy could chime in here, but I don't know how to fire a "command" event from the keyboard input from TCL. I'll have another look, though - this is not something I researched heavily before implementing it.

Meanwhile, one thing you can do, which I've already taken to do, is typing a number near the number you want, then using the up/down arrow keys in the numeric fields - this is equivalent to clicking the up/down arrows beside the fields, but doesn't require mouse input.

This is very kludgy, though, so I'll definitely seek out the alternative. I assume there must be a keyboard event trigger somewhere in Tcl/Tk.

Quote:
And I can't really help you with another word for "gravity" because english is not the language I use everyday
Heh - reminds me of a joke:

What do you call someone that speaks three languages?
Trilingual.

What do you call someone that speaks two languages?
Bilingual.

What do you call someone that speaks only one language?
American.

Dennis
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote