View Single Post
Old 17th August 2006, 12:18 AM   #12
Stiglr
Professional user

Default Re: good tutorials needed

No, those are fair questions...

Yes, I could put it on a website; in fact, one guy actually starting doing just that, and I picked up at least one great technique with a relatively new feature of AC3D that is really serving me well. But, even with screenies, there's no substitute for watching it done. Seeing the mouse moves, the menu dropdowns, the before and after...

But, I digress...you were asking how in-depth the tutorials go. Each is 15 - 30 minutes in length (again, one reason the file sizes are so large), and they're .wmv movies.

Pt. 1 Starts with learning how to gather the right 3-views and set them up to help you create more accurate results.
Then Pt. 2 shows you how to import and align the 3-views.
Pt.3 shows you two different strategies for creaing a fuselage...

And so on and so on, step by step, blow by blow video examples and narrative showing you how to create an aircraft: cutting canopies, wings, control surfaces, wheel bays, engines, landing gear, all of it. Then, for good measure at the end, we delve into creating 2D guides for skins and actually texturing the model with the TCE...I may even throw in an episode on doing cockpits, since some people that even model aircraft exteriors have an innate fear of doing pits for some reason...been there.

The concepts actually could be used to create ships, cars, tanks, guns, buildings, too... but i wanted to specifically show how to build aircraft because of the hell I went through as a total 3D noob, trying to get a basic vocabulary in the subject AND learn how to build aircraft, along with a few specific things that make aircraft challenging... like wing roots, control surfaces and glasshouse canopies.

My Gaming Rig:
i5 2500K Quad-Core CPU at 3.3GHz
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
4GB of PC12800 DDR3 memory
Windows 7
1GB Galaxy GeForce GTX550 Ti video card GeForce 270.61 drivers (4/2011)
Cougar joystick/throttle combo
CH Pedals

Last edited by Stiglr; 17th August 2006 at 12:21 AM.
Stiglr is offline   Reply With Quote