View Single Post
Old 12th September 2007, 06:23 AM   #3
Dennis
Professional user

Default Re: Max vertices supported?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrylynnb View Post
Is the limit due to the capacity of my machine, or is did I exceed the software limits for AC3D?
A block of that size would consume a very small amount of resources for your machine. I have 2gb of ram as well, and am able to create several such blocks in a document (each one adding just over 22mb of memory to the ac3d memory footprint), so you definitely have more than enough memory to handle such an object.

So it doesn't look like either a memory limitation or a software limitation to me. AC3D should store as many vertices/surfaces/objects as your memory will allow.

What is the speed of your computer? I have a 3ghz processor, and the object you describe is a bit slow to rotate/manipulate. Also, how much video memory you have may be a factor (I'm not sure how AC3D handles large objects like this where your video card is concerned, just taking a guess here).

On what platform are you running AC3D (Windows/Mac/Linux)? Also, how much video memory / what kind of video card do you have?

The "not responding" message sounds like AC3D is doing *something* while you're waiting for your object to appear, I'm just not sure what...
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote