View Single Post
Old 3rd November 2006, 11:35 AM   #2
CGMike

Default Re: double/triple faces?

Hmm...

No one knows a reason for this? Or... has no one else experienced it?

Here's a screenshot of exactly what I'm talking about; it just happened moments ago:

To explain what I did to get this... I started with a simple, flat plane. I then went into Vertex mode, selected two vertices sharing an edge (on the X axis) and pressed Ctrl+E. I proceeded to extrude out new faces in this manner to what you see below. However, as soon as I started moving vertices around, you'll notice the ones I have selected:
A: Were not "merged" during the extrusion so there were two vertices sharing the same space... leading me to believe that it created two different objects.. *until* I view it in 3D mode and move the other vertex revealing...
B: there is an errant face connecting the vertices that were sharing the same space. Again.. AC3D is creating extra faces at random while doing extrusions. I'm not making any mistakes here. I press Ctrl+E, and extrude the new face.. Press Ctrl+E and extrude the new face... It works fine most of the time, but at random I get what you see below. What is causing this?

Thanks

Last edited by CGMike; 3rd November 2006 at 11:49 AM. Reason: To add a screenshot sample
CGMike is offline   Reply With Quote