View Single Post
Old 28th May 2018, 05:07 PM   #5
jinx

Default Re: Can't load a texture

The files we use are 32 bit, 72 ppi, A8 R8 G8 B8, either 512x512, 1024x1024, or 2048x2048. We bake in a blank layer prior to final saving as a BMP. We end up with files with real short header sections (40 offsets long as seen from a hexadecimal file viewer). In the past, using Photoshop to create the file with the blank layer worked fine. Then we'd use GIMP to export the PSP file to BMP. That always worked. And I mean it worked for years.

Now when I run the file through GIMP and do a simple save, it changes the header length to 124 offsets. No other change was made, and the files appear identical in size and properties as seen from GIMP, Photoshop, paint.net, MS Paint, or MS Paint 3D. So running an older file (2 years old) through the latest version of GIMP completely messes up the file to the point AC3D cannot read it.

The strange thing is the only thing that's changed in my suite of programs was a Windows update last week. My copies of GIMP, Photoshop, and AC3D are all older, and have worked in the past.
jinx is offline   Reply With Quote