View Single Post
Old 25th July 2008, 06:10 AM   #2
lisa
Professional user

Default Re: About to purchase, just few questions.

Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by proximulator View Post
1) When i import SL sculpty-sphere from the object library, there seems to be no way to set the desired number of horizontal and vertical vertices.
There's no setting for this. If you want to change the number of vertices, you either need to slice the sphere or remap a new sphere. (Note, however, that the number of vertices in the exported sculpty is fixed as the points are sampled in uv space. i.e. The amount of texture space you assign to a surface is more significant.)

Quote:
2) Didnt find a way to insert a horizontal or vertical loop between two already existing loops. Ctrl+Shift+i doesnt do the trick. In Maya it was called - Insort Isoparm - nice and easy.
I think you're looking for the "divide loop" plugin. You can find it here: http://supercoldmilk.com/ac3dplug/divloop.html

(And a number of other nifty plugins as well!)

Quote:
3) Background image also lacks the possibility to be moved left, right, up or down. So i cannot fine tune its position in AC3D.
Hold the ALT key while you press the arrow keys to fine-tune the background image position. Hold SHIFT+ALT while pressing the arrow keys to scale the background image.
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote