View Single Post
Old 18th December 2010, 08:34 PM   #3
JeremyC

Default Re: TCE and UV Map questions.

Alright, I did look at the pre-made sculpties UV maps as well as your fish UV map. I think I'm confused on something.

In TCE, the is a black line box, that if I understand correctly, must be completely filled in order to make a usable UV map. No vertices outside the line, no gaps on the inside between the UV map and the black lines. No overlapping lines, no overlapping vertices. Is all that correct, or I'm I wrong on one or some of those?

The Fish UV map does not look like it fills the black box completely. Is this because it's wireframe and the line along the outside is being obscured by the black line box?

Many of the sculpts I've made are very close, with only a few oddball vertices outside the black line box. If I manually adjust the vertices to inside the box, and then export as a UV map <without> re-mapping, will those manual edits be kept as part of the UV map, or can I only export a UV map that required no manual adjusting of vertices?

For reasons unknown, the common issue with those many sculpts is that the main body will fit the box correctly, but along the top and bottom edges I will have 2-3 vertices and lines shoot off to the right, in-line with those edges. Anyone know what could be causing this? Related to the previous questions, can I adjust those over, using Snap Together in TCE to position those off shoot vertices over the ones the connect to that are inside the line box?

Thanks
JeremyC is offline   Reply With Quote