Thread: Cockpit_inn OBJ
View Single Post
Old 1st March 2011, 01:41 PM   #1
JB_XUS_AIR

Default Cockpit_inn OBJ

Hey guys,

I have been reading through the forums for the past couple of days before I registered, trying to locate the answer to a couple of questions. Let me start by telling you what I'm working on and what I know in AC3d.

First off, I read the pdf from Ben Supnik on use of AC3d, in regards to exporting scripts to x-plane and creation of a few things. I'm not a very good modeler so to speak, so when I started I went straight to animations. I love animating and I'm really good at it too. I downloaded and converted an MSFS model. It is the CRJ700 model from FSX. I have the outside put together, animated, interior scaled fixed and also put together, as well as the interior of the 3d cockpit. (Some of you probably know where I'm headed with this) I've come to the texturing and export of the cockpit_inn and out objects and I've tore down some actual X-plane models to try and piece together how this is done. I'm getting really frustrated because it seems like I'm the only one that doesn't get the same result as depicted in a forum topic or the pdf from Ben on the matter.
I have a panel.png in its respected folder and I think my question is,

1. What exactly does the the cockpit_inn object handle?
2. Does it only handle textures from the panel png.
3. Will it handle the animations and keyframes I desire from a particular animation.

note: I do understand how to drag the texture region around the area of the panel.png file so it is mapped. When I export most of the time I usually get a blank grey screen. Any help or links to some good info is very much appreciated.

Justin

Chief Operations Officer - Co-Founder
JB_XUS_AIR is offline   Reply With Quote