View Single Post
Old 30th October 2004, 07:56 AM   #1
AndyH
Advanced member

Default Difficulty manipulating textures

Hi!

Textures question:

I'm finding I am struggling with textures. I have a very simple object, and place one texture over it. The object level texture controls will let me adjust the UV with the mouse slider and by manually entering specific values. This part is great.

In my simple model I want to move the texture UV on just two surfaces so they are offset to the texture elsewhere. The Texture editor (F10) allows me to do that to a point, but it is difficult to use. I'm starting to understand what I am seeing and I am able to adjust the texture UV on the two surfaces by selecting them and then moving them in the Texture Editor with the mouse. However I need to move them precisely by a fixed amount and as you might imagine that is not possible with the mouse. There is no manual text input to specify these adjustments like there is on the object level.

Firstly is there another way around this?

Secondly, can a future version of Ac3D give better control over textures? What would be so useful is if the texture command under the object menu was also under the Surface menu, so you could adjust the UV settings there too for specifically selected surfaces. Also if the Texture editor (F10) could have a manual input to a) show what the current values are and b) allow you to type new ones in.