View Single Post
Old 9th January 2006, 05:35 PM   #1
Stiglr
Professional user

Default A couple of alignment questions...

I remember asking awhile ago whether the three axes could be changed to align with how they're oriented in the other 3D programs. I was told that would be a problem...so be it.

OK, so I've figured out how to compensate for that... but a couple of other things have surfaced as a result.

1) 3D Window Spin/Walk: the way it's set up now, it's more intuitive-feeling to be working on a model that's "right side up" with relation to the viewer. Mouse movements to the horizontal operate at a different sensitivity/speed than up/down. Is there a line in the setup that could be changed to adjust (or more accurately, reverse) those mouse control sensitivities??

2) Viewport names: What I've done as a workaround to the out-of-sync X,Y,Z orientations is to flip the finished model around before importing it into the simulation I'm working with. I'm considering trying to set up my initial 3-views to take the orientation issue out of the equation before I even start creating any objects, but see #1...it's more difficult to "walk around" and orient the model in the 3D view.

It can even make working with the TCE harder, as when you're trying to remap something from the Left view, a "flipped" model might mean that you really want to remap from the Front. This need to keep reorienting yourself adds minutes to the detail work of skinning a model. Does the capability exist to custom RENAME the viewports? Could you get into the settings and rename the Left viewport "Right view"? Rename Bottom viewport as "Back", etc., etc.?

My Gaming Rig:
i5 2500K Quad-Core CPU at 3.3GHz
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
4GB of PC12800 DDR3 memory
Windows 7
1GB Galaxy GeForce GTX550 Ti video card GeForce 270.61 drivers (4/2011)
Cougar joystick/throttle combo
CH Pedals
Stiglr is offline   Reply With Quote