View Single Post
Old 1st November 2005, 08:19 PM   #1
hftw

Default Recommended software use for my project?

Hi everyone!

I’m not sure if I’m posting this in the right place or forum so sorry if it isn’t. I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have been given a final year project task at university which is as follows:

““To help new bird watchers develop their skill at spotting well hidden small birds in deep foliage a 2D (or 3D model) will present various simulated scenarios with one or more birds present. The birds will move occasionally and at random from place to place in the scenario. Eventually the bird will fly off completely therefore imposing a time constraint on identification. Virtual binoculars will be available for the learner to scan the scene and magnify areas on demand. Lighting conditions representing various times of day for the same scene can also be included.””

The emphasis is more on getting the mechanics to work rather than the making it look nice aesthetically at the moment. Also it doesn't matter whether im making it for web use or as a seperate program. Right now i'm using VRML as it's quite basic for the time being.

Does anyone know if AC3D is suitable or if any other programs are better suited in allowing me to achieve most of the aims above? I am just a little worried that just using a language like VRML may restrict me in creating some of the features that I need (e.g. time constraint and binocular feature).

If anyone could give me any advice on this I would be very grateful. Also, thanks if anyone knows of any links to sites or forums which specialize in such tasks.

Thanks!

Tom

p.s sorry for the long post
hftw is offline   Reply With Quote