Thread: Small building
View Single Post
Old 18th January 2007, 11:06 AM   #4
ggunhouse

Default Re: Small building

I have been trying to use Gile[s] to light models created with AC3D for use with Blink 3D (www.pelicancrossing.com), but I've been having lots of problems. Since you are having success with AC3D and Gile[s], perhaps you can help me.
I had been having problems importing my AC3D models into Gile[s] directly, and was advised by someone months ago that it might work better if I exported them from AC3D to DirectX, and then opened the DirectX version in Gile[s]. However, this always results in my textures being flipped horizontally. I have gone back to importing the AC3D files directly into Gile[s], but I find I always have to flip the mesh and recalculate the normals. Plus, all my 1-sided surfaces end up 2-sided in Gile[s] (if I go the DirectX route, the 1-sided surfaces stay 1-sided). For the model to work correctly in Blink 3D, the surfaces have to be 1-sided, so I really need to solve that problem. In addition, when I import one of my large AC3D-built models in DirectX format, its various parts end up disassociated from one another (the roof of a building does not match up with its walls, and the floor is somewhere else again). The same model imports fine if I load the AC3D file directly (except that all the surfaces are 2-sided).
If you (or anyone in this forum) can advise me on the best way to get my AC3D models into Gile[s], preserving the directions of normals, the orientation of textures, and the 1-sideness of surfaces, I'd appreciate it. I'm hoping there are just a couple of options boxes that I'm neglecting to click.

Last edited by ggunhouse; 22nd January 2007 at 01:03 PM.
ggunhouse is offline   Reply With Quote