View Single Post
Old 4th April 2010, 03:25 PM   #4
avesthefox
Expert member

Default Re: How would I go about programming my own exporter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiglr View Post
Yes, especially if it would also export the animations created through the X-Plane plugin, into Collada!!!

Right now, I am in the unenviable position of lacking a bridge to Collada export from AC3D. The best solution, if you can call it a solution, even, is to go through the kludgy, convoluted Blender. And if that's the only way... then one has to consider just doing the modeling in Blender, too!

Ugh; makes me sick to even consider such a move, as with Blender's horrible interface, it's tantamount to relearning 3D modeling completely. But, the game engine I'm creating for has moved to a Lua-based engine that requires Collada input for import of legacy models of all kinds: aircraft, buildings, vehicles, ships... and there's a TON of conversion work that needs done.

We've already lost an entire month because there's no direct path, and few people who own expensive 3DMax/Maya/Lightwave licenses.

Somebody with skill and talent at writing plugins or exporters.... PLEASE help!!!
You'll have to admit... as clunky and overwhelming as Blender's gui is, its still one heck of a freeware program :P I've seen some work done with Blender that looks like its been done with 3DS Max.

But let's get back on topic
avesthefox is offline   Reply With Quote