Thread: Yah Right!!!
View Single Post
Old 1st September 2007, 06:10 AM   #13
donallabaugh

Default Re: Yah Right!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlsti View Post
thanks for hanging in there with me, Don ......... I tried creating yet another folder to start new thru the steps with little luck, and then decided to re-read your original post ..... where I found that you instructed to create an "objects" folder in the new aircraft folder and placing the new objects in there. WELLLLLLL, that makes all the difference in the world!!! No problem getting the new fuselage to show up now. Just have to read ALL the instructions.

Now just have to figure out how to eliminate the old fuselage.

Phil
So far so good.

Look at Post #11 steps 3 and 4

After those steps are done look at all the files in the aircraft folder.

Make sure there is only ONE file named:

xxxxxxx_paint.xxx

IF there are more than one then that could be why the original aircraft body still shows up.

What I usually do is open the original xxxxxx_paint.xxx and Save it AS a .PNG file. Then I delete all other files in the aircraft folder that have the ... _paint portion within their name.

The files that may have xxxxxx_paint2.xxx are OK unless your object is going to be the entire aircraft. If your object IS the Entire aircraft then you should delete all files (Except the one you edited) that contain either xxxxxx_paint.xxx or
xxxxxx_paint2.xxx

The _paint and _paint2 files are the ones that X-Plane uses to display the aircraft when it is opened in the program.

Keep the Faith

Don
donallabaugh is offline   Reply With Quote