Liam

Default Re: DirectX importer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Hi Zigma,

I emailed the author about this Trojan issue. Here is reply :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I went to the link.

What I see in the link is evidence of a piece of some software reporting that it does contain a Trojan horse.
It is up to Zigma to trust the software that gives him the warning as much as he wants.

I can assure you that the download contains nothing malicious.
And I know it never has and know it never will.
The report is wrong!

Thankyou, Griff

Regards, Steven Katic

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did a download and scanned the file for viruses ... nothing.

I have read somewhere about virus scanners reporting false positives (Norton maybe???).

If the Trojan is identified maybe you should look at what your anti-virus software manufacture says about it. And possibly Google for false positives

regards,

griff
Honestly, I havnt bothered to read every post, but I am assuming this hasnt been posted before. Some anti-viruses etc. detect some programs as Trojans, mostly becuase they are, and second becuase they may be encrypted so.

Another, a free, Animating, semi-useful, program called Marzipan, can import .X files and export alot of things, but it can export Wavefront .OBJ files. I use this when I want to edit .X files. heres the link: http://silentworks.hu/index.php?page=downloads&t

NOTE: Though it may say that it cant export .OBJ in the feature list. It can, it just not mentioned (its under the Export Menu in the program)

Good luck!

Liam

Last edited by Liam; 4th August 2007 at 02:14 AM.
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote