View Single Post
Old 21st January 2009, 10:04 PM   #8
Lordcaim
Expert member

Default Re: Red Earth: Animation seires

Update: I've done the finishing touchs to the models and will soon have animating underway (as in a week or so because I've got finals this week). I've added one more soldier model, the Army Soldier which is the one that doesn't look like the others (the blue and cyan colored one on the end). The Army Soldier isn't deployed from space like marines and aren't trained as hard. The Army has the same weapon equipment as marines but different armor. The Army's armor doesn't have shielding, instead it has a system of nanobots that go through the armor and repair broken parts. This takes awhile though and isn't as effective as Marine armor. Army soldiers have jet packs on them though so they've got that on marines.
Also the basic marine now has yellow strips, he's there in the picture. The other marines with blue are all officer classes (sergeant and so on). They've got the same shields and so forth as all other Marines but they have additional platings. The gun has also had some changes, they're pretty obvious. Nothing too different other than their look. Check out my album Red Earth for an update on the S-quad.
The Army Soldier got their look from early models of the Marines, only now they're more refined and more to what I was aiming for. However the jetpack was just something I threw in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	collab.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	1366  

Name:	collab2.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	1367  

Name:	collaback.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	1368  

Last edited by Lordcaim; 21st January 2009 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Lordcaim is offline   Reply With Quote