View Single Post
Old 16th December 2019, 12:56 PM   #7
Spkier

Default Re: Worth getting AC3D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Hi Ulri,

We advise businesses to purchase a commercial license, since it is attached to the business, rather then a named user (and therefore handles staff changes better). Commercial licenses also include multi-users and server compatibility i.e install once, use on any client, which you may want. There is no restriction on what you do with files generated from AC3D, whatever license you have.

All updates/new-versions are free for one year after purchase, i.e. regardless of version number.

Msmooth in 3DS looks like subdivision-surfaces. In AC3D, make a Mesh object and press "Subdivide" in the tool bar, a couple of times. Then manipulate the vertices.

Shaders - if you mean OpenGL shaders, there is no support in AC3D. If you mean normals/shading then that is all calculated automatically in AC3D.
Appreciate the response.
I have taken a look at the normandy project from objects library and after import it seems extremly laggy and i have built meshes bigger than this with other software, is there some sort of settings to make it less laggier? i can't work with 2 fps. I have never seen a 3d modelling software not beeing able to handle that low amount of verticies.
Spkier is offline   Reply With Quote