Thread: new and HELP SL
View Single Post
Old 6th August 2008, 09:54 PM   #1
nor

Default new and HELP SL

hi, i am rather new. i cant get ANY kind of items to SL. i am doin the instructions from ac3d :

Exporting a Model from AC3D

* Start with one of the sculpted prim base models included with your plug-in, or create your own model. Your model must be texture-mapped with a perfect uv space in order to export properly. Models built with subdivision surfaces work best.
* Edit your model as desired. For extruding, use the new Extrude function which this plugin adds to AC3D's Surface menu (see below for more info) . Subdivisions may be used, there is no need to commit subdivisions before export. (see below for an explanation of subdivision surfaces)
* From the AC3D File menu, choose Export, then 'Second Life Sculpted Prim'.
* Give your model a name, and click Save. If your file contains more than one mesh object, then each object will be saved as its own sculpt map.

Importing a Model into Second Life

* On Second Life's File menu, select Upload Image. Choose the sculpt map(s) you just exported and click Open.
* Right-click on the ground and choose Create to 'rez' a new prim on the ground in front of you.
* Click the More button in the Edit window to open the advanced options tab. Click on the Object tab.
* Under the Building Block Type, select Sculpted.
* Drag the image you just uploaded onto the Sculpt Texture in the edit window.
* Resize your prim as desired.

i have done several times. i dont see my sculpted prim(( just the usually sl sculpted standard prim. what i am doin wrong ??? question of size? always 64x64. how i can change if necessary???? thanx a lot, i am lost !!!!!

Last edited by nor; 6th August 2008 at 11:17 PM.
nor is offline   Reply With Quote