Thread: Yah Right!!!
View Single Post
Old 29th April 2007, 05:31 AM   #4
donallabaugh

Default Re: Yah Right!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaneCrazy1 View Post
The object file is an aircraft fuselage, that was created in AC3D and exported to the x plane aircraft directory directory. However I only see one file in there. Its an *.OBJ file. I see NO texture file. I am sure that i am doing something wrong....just don't know what.

Thanks for your reply, CDD
First here are some items that have to be:

1.) if the .OBJ file is going to be used as a cockpit object (inside or outside view or to show a 3D panel while flying), the object name is very specific ie:

xxxxx_cockpit.obj --- used when there will only be the inside view.
xxxxx_cockpit_inn.obj --used for inside view when 2 files are used.
xxxxx_cockpit_out.obj --used for outside view when 2 files are used.

2.) The cockpit.obj file must reside in the aircraft's root folder.

3.) The texture file must reside in the same folder as the object file.

4.) DO NOT use the default texture name that AC3D uses. I usually name the texture file something specific for the object I am building.

5.) If you are making an object that will be used as a 3D cockpit you have to check the appropriate boxes in PlaneMaker to allow the object to be seen. The best way to determine the proper boxes is to open an existing aircraft with a 3D panel that works and look at the selections under the "Standard\Viewpoint\view' menu option.

6.) IF the object will be used as a MISC object..(these are used for individual parts of the aircraft or to possibly replace the entire fuselage with an AC3D rendition of the aircraft) Then the object file AND it's associated texture file MUST be placed in an "objects" folder within the aircraft's main folder.

7.) Naming of the texture file follows Number 4 above.

8.) To see the MISC objects you MUST open PlaneMaker and go to the MISC OBJECTS menu under the 'Standard' menu. Once there you have to select the object and give it a location. This takes some time and you will most likely have to tweak the location, rotation etc. to get the object to show up where you want it.

Go through these steps and see if it helps.

Don
donallabaugh is offline   Reply With Quote