View Single Post
Old 23rd February 2008, 03:57 PM   #12
lisa
Professional user

Default Re: Potential Battosai Class Fighter Refit

Ah, gotcha. I misunderstood "never" to mean "can't" versus "occupied with other interests". I hear you on that one! I have a laundry list of things I want to do someday, but I guess I don't think of them so much as things I won't do, but things I will do "when I'm done doing what I'm doing right now"... provided I don't die of old age before I get to all of them.

Truthfully, I think there's a lot of overlap between engineering and other forms of production art. Ironically, many of the people I work with were formerly in aerospace--even the company that published our last game is a Boeing spin-off. (They're re-purposing military flight simulation technology into consumer products.) It's different industries, but the same math and the same tools, which is why I think there's so much crossover. Of course, the fact that Boeing and Lockheed-Martin are in town could also influence that a bit.

I think that's *awesome* though that you're pursuing exactly what you've always wanted to do. Far too few people pursue their dreams!
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote