View Single Post
Old 5th November 2006, 12:13 AM   #5
Dennis
Professional user

Default Re: double/triple faces?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGMike View Post
I'm not pressing more than once. While doing testing of it I made sure I was not pressing more than once. So that's not it. Like I said, it happens randomly, I can go for 10 minutes without a single incident.. sometimes it happens 2 or 3 times within a few minutes... it's very random.
Like luuckyy, I haven't seen this problem during my own modeling. I think it would still be good to try the menu command as luuckyy suggests --- if it can be reproduced from the menu without pressing the hotkey, that would tell us whether it was a keyboard issue or not. Not just a question of whether you're hitting the Ctrl+E more than once, but perhaps the key is "sticking" and getting read more than once.

Using the menu can be tedious, of course, but another option is to add Extrude Edges to the toolbar using the toolbar editor ( http://www.ac3d.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3688 ). Again, just to see whether it is keyboard related.

Another option if you do not want to install the toolbar editor is to use the attached tcl file. Drop this into the "scripts" folder under your AC3D installation folder and restart AC3D, and you will get a new "Extrude Edges..." menu item under the Tools menu. Issuing this will bring up a stay-on-top window with an "Extrude edges" button so you don't have to use the menu every time. Simply delete the file when you don't want the command present any more.

Since keyboards can have problem keys that temporarily "stick" for a second or two after being released, this may be the cause of the problem you're seeing. Being able to eliminate/confirm whether this is an issue may lead toward solving the problem.

Good luck
Attached Files
File Type: tcl extedge.tcl (792 Bytes, 213 views)
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote