View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:35 PM   #5
wizzardworks

Talking Re: X-Plane plug in for ac3d animation problem

Stigir, One of the export options from ac3d is collada so you don't need to export and reimport from another program. To do animations in ac3d the easy way is to use the X-Plane to ac3d plugin by Ben Supinski. It will allow export to obj7 and obj8 for the X-Plane simulator, but also it provides annimation using the X-Ref files of X-Plane. You need the commands.txt and xrefs file from the X-Plane /resources/plugins folder also which you can get from the free demo. Personally I would just buy X-Plane at $29.99 which comes with 60Gb of global scenery. I am not fluent in ac3d so I don't know what type of texrure files can be mapped in ac3d and exported in collada format with your model. You might want to slap some textures on a model and export it to see what it does imported into your target game The texture files can be found by google, they are just a JPG or bitmap picture of something. For a test any PNG or bitmap you find in windows/my pictures can be a test texture. The animations in the X-Plane plug in can be nested in the annimation groupe so sometninf can translate while several things are rotating, easy to set up.
wizzardworks (george):mrgreen:
wizzardworks is offline   Reply With Quote