View Single Post
Old 10th April 2011, 03:17 AM   #3
Paolo
Expert member

Default Re: Problem with Ac3d 6715 and XPlane 967

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpeter View Post
Hi Paolo!

You have named objects & groups improperly. A group containing an animation needs to be named 'Animation', an object containing an animations parameters must be named e.g. 'rotation' or 'translation'.

Only then the exporter will write the proper code into the obj file.

Let me know if you need any further help regarding the proper order of groups/objects in the ac file to get the leanest x-plane object.

cheers
Peter
Ciao Peter,
I imagine that your comment has been made after seeing the .ac file I've attached. The only difference is that the animation groups are named with their function after the word 'animation' and that the words 'rotate' and 'translate' are set by default by ac3d.
Nevertheless I've made the changes that you've suggested (changing the names of the animation groups and the ones of the objects containing the animation parameters) in the .ac file, But the result is the same as before: no connections with the cockpit.
At least I've tried another way and, finally, the problem was solved: I changed the plugins, using their previous version (v.3.1-r1). With them, the original .ac file (as it was originally) is exported properly and works fine once in XP.
Don't you think that the problem resides in the 3.2.1-r2 plugins? I'm curious about.
Thanks
Paolo