View Single Post
Old 26th July 2011, 05:23 AM   #7
SecondLifer

Default Re: How to bring Objects from AC3D to Secondlife ??

Ok Clay, I will try the method you specified, I been using photoshop elements 4 a very long time, I was about to buy the 8 version to seperate and prepare the sheets of Liveries. So as I read it, in second life wikis on sculptys, there meant for organic objects, so did I do wrong by buying an aircraft with straight edges, and bringing it into AC3D. The only thing I can do now, is what a previous partner did, to make her weapons, that was to upload a jpeg of a hi res Illustration of the model she intended to make, and modify image to correct propotions, and put that on a building grid, in her case that was vertical. I Include as an attachment a A320 Illustration, together with a sheet of textures to make up the liveries. The only real skill I have is texturing, and have been involved in making posters and retexturing, for groups in the past, using my old P/H 4.

As I see it now, I think i will have to try that way of building this aircaft, by building around the template of the jpeg on a vertical grid frame, the only problem, is its only 2D, I wont know the width of the fusalage, unless I measure a simular model i already own in SL and the length of the wings, since the models I uploaded to Ac3d dont appear to have a ruler on the screen to measure the model, unless I havent found it yet. Although Im left with making the fusalage inAC3D, to learn the bolean section on cutting out the windows, but that will; still need to be upload back into sl after, I suppose, that means I rez a cylinder in sl, to make the modified fusalge, if that dont work, I will just add the window textures along the side of the fusalage inworld and modify the repeats so it will fit nicely. Its strange, how some people are comfortable making larger objects, and not happy making tiny objects. I made several items of jewelry along with a tutorial years ago, the birthstone necklaces i made, are still worn most of the time by some of my friends I have given them too. But strange, that some of the vendors That make planes, say they couldnt make such a complex object and put a tiny diamond texture in it. ironic isnt it? The last comment for now, is yes, I been modelling in railways and making kits all my life. i suppose i could be called an advanced plastic modeller. After i made a trident 3 out of 2 normal airfix ones, and stretching the fusalage, and manufacturing the third tail engine from a redundant one from the other kit, this was carefully sanded to shape, and inserted into the cut out i made in the rear of the fusalage.. then the BEA decals were applied, but I used the other redundent fusalge window decal and slided the second one so it superimposed over the middle window of the original one, to make the stretched version windows, cutting up the fusalage and adding the segment to stretch it was challenging, but it all looked good, after, and with some fine filler and careful smoothing, you couldnt see any joins. if only I could do that in SL ! I will be in sl later, I will look you up for sure:P although Im United kingdom so time zones may clash. I enclosed a image of one of the necklaces I made, this being september

catch up soon

Thanks again. mike
Attached Images

SecondLifer is offline   Reply With Quote