View Single Post
Old 4th July 2004, 12:50 AM   #6
Dennis
Professional user

Innis,

Ah, I see now - my bad - I was thinking that when you said you were missing surfaces that it was due to your own reducing the size of your file. I didn't get that the model wasn't loading in completely from the source file.

This certainly wouldn't be due to any AC3D size limitation of which I am aware, based on loading some models comparable in size to yours.

Also, I re-read my last posts and realized that my verts were more and my timings were exploded because when I fragmented the objects I ended up with 64k * 4 vertices in separate objects... so I was loading at least 256,000 vertices in those tests, and everything came through ok, if slow.

Do you see any errors on the console window when opening the file?

Have you ruled out whether PPE might be writing something glitchy to the AC3D format? For example, have you tried exporting the file from PPE to DXF or another format that AC3D reads and tried importing that directly into AC3D to see if any polys were dropped? If the data comes in ok from another format, I'd guess that PPE's AC3D output may have a glitch - I'm not familiar with PPE, so if I'm off-base with this approach, please ignore.

Barring any new info you might find on the PPE export front, this may be an AC3D quirk where your particular model is concerned. If you have a sample you'd like someone else to try out, you can send me a private message and I'd be happy to load up, say, an AC and DXF sample to see if I get the same results/dropped polys as you.

Good luck,

Dennis
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote