Thread: Hair
View Single Post
Old 5th February 2009, 04:17 PM   #7
lisa
Professional user

Default Re: Hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
That solved my hair problem Now is there an easy way to pose a figure once you've created it? Will I need a rendering program or something?
Clarify what you mean by "pose"... do you mean just positioning your figure, or do you mean animation?

If you just mean basic positioning, a lot of people do that straight in AC3D. For animation you'll need additional software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
I also had another problem while texturing some things. I set a texture to a cylinder and most of the faces adapted to the texture corectly but one of the faces was just filled in as a single colour. I tryed fixing it with the texture coordinator but it showed up as a microscopic dot in the bottom left corner of the texture coordinator. If that made any sense, is there an easier way of fixing than drawing an identical polygon over top of it and assigning it the correct texture?
What you need to do is select the faces that aren't mapped in the 3D window, then *with the surfaces still selected* open the texture coordinate editor and click one of the "remap" buttons on the left hand side. Which one you choose depends on which way the surfaces are facing. For example, if the surfaces that are showing up zero-sized in the TCE are on the top of your cylinder, then click the "top" button. This will remap them from the top size. Once the projection has been applied, you can select the faces in the TCE to move them around to whereever on the texture you need.
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote