View Single Post
Old 26th April 2005, 07:19 AM   #2
Dennis
Professional user

Default Re: All kinds of questions

Quote:
How do you create a single hole in a 3d object without deleting faces creating that nasty see through that makes whatever you see through the hole missing.
I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean here. Could you elaborate?

Quote:
How do you fill empty space because i have never used just polygon drawings in this program b/c i dont know how to make the other sides for 3d.
I'm not *entirely* sure what you mean, but you can fill gaps between vertices using any of the "Vertex | Create..." options. Have a look at the Help file for details on these functions.

Quote:
Lastly, does anyone know how to make a raindrop splash or water ripples?
For a still scene that you'd model in AC3D, I'd recommend using a textured surface with a "water splash" image with transparency for splashes, and textures plus bumpmaps for water ripples. However, if you were doing an *extreme* closeup (i.e., an insect's pov), the ripples and drops would be big enough for you to actually model them ... if you want to model ripples, I'd recommend using the Revolve tool (look it up in the Help file and you'll see what I mean).

Unfortunately, I don't know how to tell POVRay to make bump maps, transparencies, etc --- perhaps someone else does?
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote