View Single Post
Old 1st May 2008, 09:40 PM   #4
Severa
Advanced member

Default Re: general questions about sculpties and texturing / pre-rendering of texture-maps

In Zbrush I just bake the lighting in and save as a texture, Bring it into photoshop and use the flamingpear solidify b and then it fits on the sculpted prims great and looks good. I really found AC3D to do better work than Maya or Zbrush in terms of making the actual shapes though. I'm still having problems and the interface and some of the terms are different. The TCE confuses me and some other stuff, but for making shapes it seems to do it better for SL than Maya. I made better heads then some of the "top" people have with Maya and 3dsMax. The baked textures definitely help to reinforce definition though.

If AC3D can bake any sort of lighting I have no clue though. That's why I use zbrush. I wish there was more video tutorials at better resolutions for AC3D. Not making easy stuff like Pears and Apples but stuff that will show how you could encounter problems and how to fix those problems. Seems all these tutorials for sculpted prims always go for the easiest shapes anyone can do. I'd like to see people do complex stuff like the tutorials you find on 3dbuzz.com but talk about it in a way where someone who is new will understand and learn something.
Severa is offline   Reply With Quote