View Single Post
Old 6th May 2011, 02:12 PM   #9
Edymnion
Professional user

Default Re: Realistic Poser Pro Clothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
How do I go about doing the slicing you mention?
There's probably a knife tool in here somewhere, but I use the Add Vertex keyboard command (select two adjacent vertices and hit Ctrl + Shift + I) to stick a new vertex between them. Move down a row, do that again. Select the two new vertices (or a whole row of them one at a time, in the order they are to be cut) and hit Ctrl + Shift + L to slice a line between them.
Quote:
I think, if I were to be able to remove vertices from the M4 figure, it would probably be a lot less daunting. M4 is insanely high poly, and I just don't need that many polys on my suit.
Yeah, you'd probably be better off going with one of the low rez male models from the Poser 1 directory. Or, barring that, you can always use the AC3D Reduce tool and tell it to cut the number of poly's in the mesh down by 50%. It'll make the model a little jagged, but nothing you can't smooth out when you're fixing the coat. Just keep reducing until you have a suitably workable surface. Only problem with that approach is that it likes to make triangles instead of quads, which can be harder to work with. Another option would be to manually merge poly's together by highlighting them with the surface tool and hitting C. Its more tedious that way, but it gives you better control.
Quote:
Thankyou again for your help, much appreciated!
Your welcome. Just hope it helps you get your coat made, and that you can go on to sell it for $5 to a couple hundred thousand people and be able to retire on your delicious profit. I won't even ask for a cut. =P
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion. It is by the syrup of cola that thoughts acquire speed, the ears acquire ringing, the ringing becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind into motion.
Edymnion is offline   Reply With Quote