Thread: Cd-rw
View Single Post
Old 4th August 2006, 08:38 PM   #4
nightoftheroundtable
Professional user

Default Re: Cd-rw

Cd-rw's are a stable enough form of media. you will not lose data if you burn it. there are a few ways where you can lose data on a Cd-rw.

okay I hope everyone here knows the three methods on file transferring to different types of media. if not let me explain.

the first type of media is your standered cd-rw's.
these can be rewritten if you mess up the first time.

The second form is the Cd-R's these can not be rewritten once data is on there it can not be erased. (note it can still be erased but not through convential means).

The third type is one I use alot. you can buy a jumpdrive or a small little thumb drive. depending on how much that thumb drive can hold is how much you can put into it.

1. On a Cd-rw you can rewrite over it. that might be one of your biggest concerns.
2. you can also lose information this way. If your cd-rw is placed by any object that generates a big enough electromagnetic feild sure it can erase the data on your cd-rw. but you disc has to be within close proximity to the device that is emitting the electromagnetic feild.
3. I believe that if you purchase a thumb drive you safely file transfer files you need and remove the unwanted files on your computer.

I hope this explains it. ^____^

===>Daniel<===
nightoftheroundtable is offline   Reply With Quote