View Single Post
Old 27th September 2014, 11:01 AM   #1
kilo_Thirteen_Tuners

Exclamation Need Help Texture Mapping

Well I guess after a week of the post being here and no reply's its obvious why nobody buys ac3d and just uses blender... right on.. back to blender it is.. you shouldn't have the 14 day trial because that's just 14 days people have to dislike the program and see that the free ones are better... the chances of me buying it with no trial are higher than me trying it and seeing its not worth it.. I understand to select the materials and lay them each out in the text coord editor but when you go to use the render to texture it doesn't see the faces different and makes a texture for the part as a whole.. the only way to make a decent shadow map is to have everything de-combined and spend hours laying out the polys in the coord editor.. whats the point.. why would I use a 3d program that can't texture.. if at least the render to texture could see materials as different faces maybe it would stand a chance of making a decent shadow map if it made one for each face... at this point its just worthless and only good for simple conversions of format and for that.. I won't pay 90 bucks..

(okay so after a few days of the post being here either either ac3d forum is just not very helpful.. or nobody understands what im trying to say so I included a third pic.. its simple why do the polys overlap? and why is the engine just a side view overlapping the top and bottom and other side?)

is it just a simple fact of being that the program is not capable of making a sensible layout of the polys on a plane and I just have to do it manuely or? If so that's fine its a 90 dollar program I get it but at least a yes or no would be cool thanks

So... Ive been trying for a while now to get the render to texture shadow map to work and no matter what I seem to do with the texture coord. editor I can't seem to wrap the texture how it is with lets say even a box the way it is in on the box in the AC3D test scene.. in the test scene a box has all six sides layed out logically as with the cyl... and the sphere.. how on earth do you get the texture to logically wrap around the object? wrapping as box, side, top no matter what its not logical and the render to texture just makes a mess of the texture on the object.. only thing I can think is a person has to move each poly in the coord editor to not overlap the next but surely this can't be it would take years to get some textures laid out there right,, in blender a person can bake a texture or shadow map without doing massive amounts of work.. what in the world am I doing wrong? ive included two pictures a before and after of render to texture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	before render to texture.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	738.9 KB
ID:	3143  

Name:	after render to texture.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	3144  

Name:	polys overlapping.png
Views:	187
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	3145  

Last edited by kilo_Thirteen_Tuners; 29th September 2014 at 04:01 PM.
kilo_Thirteen_Tuners is offline   Reply With Quote