View Single Post
Old 3rd September 2008, 05:02 AM   #34
Antario Denja

Default Re: Having MAJOR issue getting things exported

Thanks for the answer. Kudos then to Andy for this wonderful program :-)

So... just to make it clear to myself: This (http://flickr.com/photos/29521483@N07/2811127667/) is what you refer to as UV-map. Although we see the texture editor. Am I right?

- First, I do have got the (verbal) impression, that whatever i build in AC3D, as long as I filled the gray areas the import into SL will work.
But life tells something else :-) And if it is needed to use specialy prepared cubes, sphere, etc. for the import, it cant be that easy.
- Second, obviously there are operations in AC3D which "destroy" this perfectness. I read in a post that i should use "Sculpty Extrude" rather then the "extrude-button" if i want to have good results after import into SL.
There are no-gos in AC3D which hinder the import?
Do you have any recommandation on that topic? (I love to use boolean operations). What are these no-gos? Do you have a general recommandation on what will propably stop an import into SL?
- And third, there are limitations on what SL can show which directly limits how compex I should be building in AC3D ((with the import into SL in focus). Do you have anything about this one?
(Like the speakers. No way to get that into SL)

Sorry, a lot of questions. But this discussion started in many postes here. I do have the problem that many posts end with: "Hey I got it, thanks lisa". But no explenation on HOW they got it
Maybe this helps others too and you will not have to answer the same question so often. If you like, I could compress what we discuss here into a brief overview on that topic, so you could refer to it anytime the same thing comes up again. When I understood it, that is :-)

Last edited by Antario Denja; 3rd September 2008 at 07:37 AM.
Antario Denja is offline   Reply With Quote