View Single Post
Old 1st July 2003, 01:22 PM   #15
Greg

Default Re: Misc., thoughts on improvements

In conversations I've had with Andy, many moons ago (around the corner of 3.0-days), Andy stated that nurbs support was being planned. Where are they?

I would love to see animation support!!! You might be interested in looking at what blender is doing here. Plus, there is a blender subproject to create an exporter to crystal space. I know animation is part of the information they are targeting now. Would be awesome to be able to use ac3d as a level designer, animation tool, and general modeler for crystal space. Right now, I think a lot of people are looking at blender to help fill the role, but let's face it, blender's interface is horrible! If you're serious about animation support, please consider looking at the cal3d library.

Would be great if a status line was added to prevent pesky pop-up dialogs! Like the optimize stuff. Do we really need a dialog to pop up? Wouldn't it be better to have a status line which communicate the status of various operations?

Would also be nice to be able to contrain movement to specifc axis. For example, when extruding an object, being able to press, say shift, while moving the moving to contrain it would be really nice.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote