View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2008, 10:52 PM   #8
Severa
Advanced member

Default Re: general questions about sculpties and texturing / pre-rendering of texture-maps

Well you place your lights first in Zbrush and that it visually looks good, then when you hit Projection Master make sure Colors, Shaded, Materials are all checked. Click Drop Now. Then click Projection Master again and click Pick Up. You'll see the map shaded to the left in that little texture box. You can rotate the model around and once more hit Projection Master>Drop Now, then click it again and Pick up. Should Map out both sides. Then save the texture up at the top. Open it in photoshop, use the magic wand on the white areas, choose similar in the menu and it'll grab all the white areas. Make sure it's not highlighting anything important, hit delete. Then go into the filters>FlamingPear>Solidify B. Then you can play around with cleaning it up, Smudge, Gaussian Blur, whatever you need to do until it looks right. Use SculptySpace do view it. It will let you load up the Sculpt Map and the Texture Map and it'll look like it would in SL. Very useful and very smooth set of additions to AC3D.

Oh also when you import your mesh in Zbrush, sometimes after you do if you hit CLONE in that same box then drop the shape in the window, it'll work better. Then make sure your texture is white. Click the Lights at the top and mess with them until it looks good. Then go through the steps I mentioned above.

My biggest problem right now is with the ends making a hole through the middle at times. I wish I could solve this. If I load it in SL it might split and I can use the torus script to fix that but it will leave this tiny hole from end to end. Not really a problem since I use those sections for joints or areas I play to put something else on. I just wish for the LOVE OF creation, I could figure out how to handle the sections of the mesh in AC3D and still do the insane shapes I enjoy making, without this annoying, make me cry a lot, hole end to end that never goes away. Usually that's a split first as I said. In SL i use a script to close that but the little holes remain and when you select the sculpted prim you can see a tunnel inside the sculpt end to end. I posted about it in another thread. I am not getting the technical terms of how to fix that. If I could fix that, I'd be very very happy. It's my only complaint. I never got that in Maya or a couple other apps, but at the same time I find AC3D to have BETTER control over the kinds of things I want to make. It's definitely the best tool, and I've used them all. It just keeps giving me this one little issue.

Last edited by Severa; 2nd May 2008 at 10:54 PM.
Severa is offline   Reply With Quote