View Single Post
Old 7th May 2008, 03:39 AM   #1
Dania Daviau

Default Not understanding AC3D - Secondlife-Sculpties, please help

Hi all

I searched now a longer time for this, but either I use the wrong search words or there is no such feature.

Just at the beginning: yes I understood several tutorials and I got the plugins that were made for secondlife. I am able to make basic sculpts. However as it seems the possibilities are very limited by the following reasones. the conversions are/cannot be accurate.

A sculpt map is in its base 32x32 dots, each dot defining a ... dot, lol, means its place in the defined sculptie space.

To work for sculpties one would put ones dots to get accurate results. Means the vertex method would be what I wanted to go for. Now my crux begins.

Now my problems begin. I don't understand the definitions. if I look at the sphere I want to begin with I see 12x12 dots. Dividing gives me 24x24. dividing again gives me 48x48. How can I make an accurate sculpt with that ?

Another thing. if I click on surface -> calculate surface area it calculates 14x12 = 168 surfaces. What is the definition based on it.

Maybe it is the wrong program which would be a disappointment since I looked at it, liked it and bought it for that purpose since there is also publicity made to announce this program exactly for secondlife.

But i would really love to work directly on the sculpt definition = with the 32x32 dots. Since everything else is a hopeless approach from the beginning with inaccurate rounding on the conversion.

Do you know any tricks, features I overlooked, expriences ? Please help me.

kind regards
Dania
Dania Daviau is offline   Reply With Quote