View Single Post
Old 4th January 2018, 10:07 AM   #3
dlant

Default Re: Macbook Pro 2017 Mouse Pointer Inaccurate

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your quick reply and suggestions.

I forgot to mention that the issue only occurs within the total actual interface area, not the top menu bar with drop downs; the selection is spot on there.

PIXEL OFFSET
I have to click approximately 15 pixels below the desired selection in order to actually select it. This is true whether it's a segment of a model or outside the viewport, such as if I want to change the view from say left to right by using the dropdown above a viewport.

FONT
I have changed the UI font to various others, as well as the font size. I have also tried different themes...issue remains.

WORKAROUND
I have found that this issue occurs if after AC3D opens, I click the green dot and maximize (full screen) the interface. On all apps, I usually select, View > Enter Full Screen, and leave them set that way. AC3D does not have that option, so I click the green dot to maximize to full screen.

A workaround to the issue of mouse pointer inaccuracy is I click the green dot and the interface shrinks down slightly, I then click the bottom of the interface, grab, and drag up approximately 15 pixels. Now the mouse is accurate.

I have left the interface in that size condition and exited AC3D using the red "close" dot. When I open AC3D again, it opens to the size I left it and the mouse is then accurate.

Of course, the down side is less screen real estate; definitely not the worst problem, and at least I can select things accurately.

Thanks!
dlant is offline   Reply With Quote