View Single Post
Old 30th September 2008, 02:42 PM   #3
Stiglr
Professional user

Default Re: X-Plane Animation plug-in QUESTION

I've done the edit, but I'm not sure I'm getting the right results (or what I'm expecting to see).

For example, I have an aileron on an aircraft.

It's on a wing with a 5 degree dihedral (so this is known, and confirmed by actually rotating the part "flat" in AC3D from the vertice). But, if I select two leading top edges of the aileron (to use as the "hinge"), click Set axis, then cut and paste the results into a Notepad, I get:

0.995928 0.00242298 -0.0901201 (I'm assuming this is in X,Y,Z order)

None of these values is anywhere near 5 degrees (presumably this should be in the Y (nose to tail axis). The first value is basically one degree, the others are very close to "straight", as is indicated by the position of the part.

Also, when I click the Set Axis button, the message I get at the bottom of the screen is "Got axis from vertices OK". I'd much rather just see the numeric values... does this mean I don't want to use the code snippet for "copy and paste" onto the clipboard? What I'd like in the end is to see the values when I hit the Set Axis button, and then be able to copy-and-paste the results into a different application or a Wordpad document.

My Gaming Rig:
i5 2500K Quad-Core CPU at 3.3GHz
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
4GB of PC12800 DDR3 memory
Windows 7
1GB Galaxy GeForce GTX550 Ti video card GeForce 270.61 drivers (4/2011)
Cougar joystick/throttle combo
CH Pedals
Stiglr is offline   Reply With Quote