View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2003, 04:09 PM   #16
spiderbarker

Default Re: POLL - VOTE NOW

My work has been exclusively aircraft and instrumentation for Flight Gear. So that might color my opinions.

ANIMATION-
Animation isn't a big desire here. The ac3d interface is easy to use and I would hate to see it get complicated with an animation feature. There are other options for folks interested in that. A well written blender export might be useful in that regard.

Listed in order of importance...

MIRROR-
Mirror duplication would be a big plus for my work. I already do it manually with a text editor. All you need to do is dup the object, reverse the sign on the vertice values that corrispond to the axis you want to mirror along. Then flip the surface normals.

SELECT BY MATERIAL-
It would be useful to be able to select surfaces by material from the material popup menu.

SELECT BY TEXTURE-
A single texture per object isn't a problem as far as I'm concerned. Doing otherwise would require some radical changes to the ac3d format. It would be useful to be able to do an object selection by texture. A edit/select popup that would let you choose the texture you are concerned about and having all objects referencing that texture get selected.

SCALING IN THE TCE-
At times it would be useful to be able to scale texture mapping uniformly. A function that performs scaling of the text map coordinates in a way similar to the geometry edit.

ROTATING IN THE TCE-
For some reason I can't seem to figure out the rotate function in the TCE. Something that rotated the mapping around a given center point would be useful at times.
spiderbarker is offline   Reply With Quote